Tendencias y desarrollo de aprendizaje global virtual. Nuevas tecnologías y estrategias en la educación virtual.
How to integrate Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE)© educational model in online, on-ground, and outdoors learning. Model is used for multigenerational and multinational students using Device Oriented Learning. Youth leaders are the instant knowledge generation who are very familiar with TECHKnowledge.
Model includes Learning Management Systems, Sustainable Development Goals, Blogs, TED Ed Lessons, and Social Media Learning. The objective is to find global learning opportunities to make bridges between knowledge, technology and people building engagement using out-of-the-classroom ideas and outdoors classrooms. The University is Outdoors.
[ESP] Octava conferencia anual de educación global (GEC). 13 al 16 de noviembre de 2017.
¡Este evento es GRATUITO para asistir, pero requiere que se registre! Por favor regístrese AQUI.
Integración de Blogs de Aprendizaje Global, Lecciones TED Ed y Objetivos Mundiales en Cursos de Gestión.
Presentación en vivo en línea durante la Conferencia Global de Educación. Horario GlobalEdCon. GlobalEdCon Schedule. Los enlaces a las salas virtuales en vivo estarán disponibles cuando comience la conferencia.
Miercoles 15 de Noviembre, 9:00 AM EST
Instrucciones en Español:
Ir a Sessions and Schedule (Horarios de Sesiones)
Cómo asistir a una sesión:
- Encuentra tu zona horaria. Haga clic en el enlace GMT a la izquierda de las ciudades enumeradas. El calendario mostrará todas las sesiones en su zona horaria local. Verifique que está en la página correcta al hacer coincidir el reloj actual en la parte superior de la página con su hora local.
- Ubique la (s) sesión (es) a las que le gustaría asistir. Ubique rápidamente una sesión usando Ctrl + F / Cmd + F para buscar en la página.
- Haga clic en el título de la sesión en el calendario para expandir el evento.
- Haga clic en el enlace de la sesión para unirse a la sala Blackboard Collaborate. Los enlaces de sesión se agregarán poco antes de la conferencia.
The Global Education Conference Network’s eight annual world-wide collaboration on globally-connected education will take place around the clock starting Monday, November 13, and continuing through Thursday, November 16.
Watch our online Live Presentation during Global Education Conference. GlobalEdCon Schedule. Links to the live virtual rooms will be available when the conference starts.
When Mon, November 13, 3pm – 4pm
- Posted by Jose G. Lepervanche on October 31, 2017 at 12:08am in GEC 2017 Accepted Proposals
- View Discussions
Name and Title: Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche. Professor of Supervision and Management
School or Organization Name: Florida State College at Jacksonville
Twitter Handle (@name): @drlepervanche
Co-Presenter Name(s): Flor Lepervanche
Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Language in Which You Will Present: English
Target Audience(s): EducatorsShort Session Description (one line):
Integration of Global Outdoors Learning Blogs, TED Ed Lessons & Global Goals in Management Courses
Session Strand (use the “tag”): “2017HigherEd” “2017SDGs” “2017Teachers”
Full Session Description (as long as you would like):
Global Outdoors Learning Blogs and TED Talks have been used with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be added to topics in Management courses. Blogs posts and TED Ed Lessons have been created and integrated to Learning Management Systems (LMS) using the Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE) model. GLOBE is an educational model created to facilitate global collaboration and creative learning methods inside and outside the classroom to enhance Management programs.
The objective is to:
1. Find Global Learning Opportunities that are useful to our courses or programs.
2. Building bridges by connecting speakers, presenters, adventurers, travelers, facilitators or influencers with Management courses (Global Management, Outdoors Leadership, Youth Leadership, City Management, Strategic Management, Technology Management).
3. Build Engagement by creating active and continuous collaboration using blogs posts and adding TED Ed lessons with TED talks related to specific Management topics and SDGs.
Presentation shows how learning blogs posts are organized in global categories by activities, topics, SDGs, and countries. It shows how to create TED Ed Lessons using relevant TED Talks and, it shows hot to integrate or embed these resources into LMS of Management Courses in order to enhance classrooms, online discussions, and outdoors learning experiences. GLOBE has been used in Business, Management, and Systems courses and can be used in any global learning area, program, or course. All current blogs posts, and TED Ed Lessons are free and available to use. New educators and collaborators are welcome to post in our global Outdoors University blog using the EasyPost form.
Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:
- Global Learning News (www.globallearningnews.com)
- Outdoors University (www.outdoorsuniversity.com)
- TED Ed Lessons (www.lepervanche.org/tedxfscj)
- Scouting Adventures (www.scoutingadventures.org)
- TED-Ed, TED and TEDx Talks to Enhance Classroom Learning Experience. Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche (https://www.slideshare.net/jlepervanche/teded-ted-and-tedx-taks-to-enhance-classroom-learning-experience-dr-jose-g-lepervanche)
Here’s your chance to gain some leadership skills and build your resume while having a great time. Join Kent Campus Student Life for the ‘Build a Better You!’ program Thursdays, 2pm-3pm, January 17-March 21, 2013 in E-104 (refreshments will be provided). Topics range from getting to know yourself better to time management to values and ethics to putting your best face forward on social media and more. Attend at least six of the nine scheduled topics to earn your official ‘Build a Better You!’ certificate and recognition at the annual Student Awards Program in April.
January 31’s program is Extreme Time Management with Dr. Jose Lepervanche.
Time is one thing in the world that we cannot change. Information, communications, family, friends, and work overload our time. We fill our day with activities that overwhelm our capacity to handle them. We need extreme time management methods to cope with stress, unproductivity, and procrastination.
Time survivors keep them busy without losing sanity. Busy people always have time to do more. Lazy people always complain about the things they cannot do. Managers select busy people when assembling successful teams.
Personal Leadership System (c) developed by Dr. Lepervanche is based on beliefs, values, priorities, lifelong project management, effective delegation, and technology usage to simplify life and work.
While the majority of the ‘Build a Better You!’ programs are open to all, some programs have space limitations and will be first come, first served.
Florida State College at Jacksonville – Open Campus
Thursday, February 21, 2013
1 PM-2 PM
Widgets and Gadgets to Enhance Online Courses in Blackboard and Canvas
Dr. Jose Lepervanche, Professor of Management, Information Systems, & E-Commerce, Florida State College at Jacksonville Emerging technologies have allowed online learning to add interactive tools to courses. New web, media and mobile applications, or widgets, and new devices, or gadgets, bring innovative resources to the hands of students and faculty. These tools have been extensively used in Blackboard and now have been extended to Canvas. Dr. Lepervanche’s Web Media Lab (www.webmedialab.org) has been also testing these widgets and gadgets applying both Technology Acceptance and Affordability Models to explore real usability beyond courses into real life. Wireless, tablets, and mobile technologies allow users to be in a virtual office all the time. You are your office.
I have been piloting Canvas (www.instructure.com), an open-source learning management system, in my Florida State College at Jacksonville (www.fscj.edu) courses since Summer 2012. This is my log of the features I “like” and those that I would “like” to have. This post will be updated as I explore new features. Updates follow a Twitter format. Follow @DrLepervanche and #CanvasFSCJ hashtag.
1. Import feature from Blackboard. It was easy to import old content from old Blackboard courses. In some courses courses it did not work smoothly. I had to manually import each component due to deadlines. I will try again next term.
2. Ipad and smartphones applications. I can read discussions and emails in all courses. Limited features so far in interactivity. I am sure it will improve.
3. Front Page. I like the options to include links, videos and guide students to other pages.
4. Integrated Inbox. Checking all pending emails from all courses at the same time is a cool feature to reply to students in less time.
5. Due dates page. Easy to read page with all discussions, exams, and assignments deadlines and it is linked to calendar.
6. Recent Activity. It displays all recent activities from all courses in one page.
7. SpeedGrader. Easy to read papers and to add rubrics.
8. Conference. Professor and students can set specific conference times if needed.
9. Gradebook. To Do list with pending grading. It reminds professors to finish grading.
More coming soon…
I would “like”… (maybe they are available and I have not used yet)
1. Color codes for different courses. It will help to identify each course in a multiple course screen (recent activities, inbox)
2. Improve Import feature. If you manually import content from Blackboard, you have to eliminate references to BB and work on the code.
3. SpeedGrader. Waiting for feature to add comments to papers.
4. Groups. Some students says it is confused on their side. Still checking.
More coming soon…