Micro Lessons using our Instagram Photos #InstagramMicroLessons in our courses.
One week after Hurricane Irma crossed Florida from the Keys to our home in Jacksonville, Florida, we collected several lessons to be used in our Management courses this coming week. We are going to use our Instagram pictures to follow the hurricane and share our thoughts, analyses, and decisions to protect our family and friends. We were in our bunker (condo) hosting a family of five friends who evacuated Miami.
Here are the points that we are covering in our courses:
- Emergency Preparedness #GlobalManagement
- Weather Data Analysis #GlobalSystems
- City Leaders During Storms #GlobalLeadership
Follow @DrLepervanche via Instagram for more #InstagramMicroLessons
Learn how to use your Flickr and Instagram photos in your courses. Use of photo albums, collections, hashtags, categories, and tags in Blackboard and Social Media.
- Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
- Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
- Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
- Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events. How to add your Flicker photos to your courses.
- Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.
1. Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
2. Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
3. Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
4. Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events.
How to add your Flickr photos to your courses.
- Open an Announcement or new thread in Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
- Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
Use keywords or hashtags to find picture in Flickr.
Add picture to course.
- Picture inserted in Announcement or Discussion message ready to be posted.
- Posted Announcement or Discussion with inserted Flickr picture.
5. Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.
Alejandro Lepervanche reflects on his experience using the Spartan Robot.
How I’m fighting bias in algorithms | Joy Buolamwini | TEDxBeaconStreet
MIT Media Lab grad student Joy Buolamwini was working with facial recognition software when she noticed a problem: the software didn’t recognize her face — because the people who coded the algorithm hadn’t taught it to identify a broad range of skin tones and facial structures. Now she’s on a mission to fight bias in machine learning. She spoke at TEDxBeaconStreet in Boston. Join #codedgaze. (Ref: TED.com)
TED Video Link: http://www.ted.com/talks/joy_buolamwini_how_i_m_fighting_bias_in_algorithms
What is the social impact of facial recognition? How developers can use full spectrum inclusion coding to improve our lives?
Topic includes logic programming, coding, facial recognition software, and related uses of technologies to solve social issues.
Most of the concepts used in this 2011 Prezi presentation are still valid today. Our Learning Online Laboratory has used all of these resources. Some of them have been discontinued and others are still in use in 2016.
Innovative technologies have been used in global organizations to enhance performance. Technology Acceptance Model is used to explore current trends such as new media, web 2.0 tools, and other social media networks. Organize your Information Overload.
1. Technology Acceptance Model.
2. Multimedia technologies. Videos. Blogs. Websites.
3. Social Media Networks.
Source: Innovative Technologies in Business Management Education – Conference by Jose Lepervanche on Prezi
The Americas Information Ramp. Access to databases. Business plan presentation.
Video link: https://youtu.be/UesgRQ9VIQg?list=PL50C28AC61EBA2883
Welcome Video to Technology Management courses.
Welcome to our Technology Management Laboratory. During several years I have been doing these videos to introduce our curses about business and technology courses. I believe that several of these courses are in the middle line between businesses and information technology.
Introduction to Technology Management laboratory is an overview of both business and technology sides of management. It is an overview of the importance of people, organization, and technology in globalization. It also mentions Business Intelligence, Strategic Management, Project Management and Innovation. We continue with Social Media and Mobile Devices to finish with the next generation of leaders and social responsibility. How can be apply these topics in our current discussions?
Video Link: https://youtu.be/FZiiwWbc5KI