20th International Conference on College Teaching and Learning
The Web is an additional medium used by major TV cable news networks to expand and complement the dissemination of international, national, local, or other news that help users improve their knowledge and make informed professional and personal decisions. News websites provides an excellent way to present news to users who are willing to accept this technology and perceive that it is useful and easy to use. News websites allow professors to bring current events to the classroom in real time.
Mayor TV cable networks, TV broadcast networks, local stations, newspapers, news agencies, radio and web-only news provides have been developing news websites.
News websites bring extensive detail and coverage of the news, allowing users to go beyond regular television programming.
Web design, navigation scheme, and news content organization may affect the capability of these news websites to reach major users due to lack of usefulness or difficulty in navigating the sites to find the desired news. Usefulness and ease of use are two of the major problems encountered by web developers when creating and maintaining informational websites.
The News Web Sites
The Bottom Line
- Content, content organization, and navigation scheme could have impact on users.
- Perceived usefulness is the factor that predicts user’s acceptance and intended usage.
Presenting “Extreme Time Management. A Personal Leadership System” at 23rd
International Conference on Teaching and Learning, April 2012. Dr. Lepervanche explaining how children in rural Latin America climb a tree with a laptop to find a wi-fi signal.
25th International Conference on College Teaching and Learning. Interactive Workshops.
Social Media Learning: Blogs, Twitter, and Pinterest in the Classroom.
Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche
Dr. Lepervanche’s Learning Edge Technologies
An engaging open forum on social media networks that can be used to enhance student learning experience. Participants are invited to share their own favorite tools.
1. Overview of popular social media networks (personal, professional, news, videos, picture boards, blogging)
2. Domain registration, blogs setup, newsletters, news integrators, TED Ed, and information hubs.
3. Integrating social media networks inside Blackboard
4. Sharing best practices in computers and mobile devices.
Micro Lessons using our Instagram Photos #InstagramMicroLessons in our courses.
One week after Hurricane Irma crossed Florida from the Keys to our home in Jacksonville, Florida, we collected several lessons to be used in our Management courses this coming week. We are going to use our Instagram pictures to follow the hurricane and share our thoughts, analyses, and decisions to protect our family and friends. We were in our bunker (condo) hosting a family of five friends who evacuated Miami.
Here are the points that we are covering in our courses:
- Emergency Preparedness #GlobalManagement
- Weather Data Analysis #GlobalSystems
- City Leaders During Storms #GlobalLeadership
Follow @DrLepervanche via Instagram for more #InstagramMicroLessons
Learn how to use your Flickr and Instagram photos in your courses. Use of photo albums, collections, hashtags, categories, and tags in Blackboard and Social Media.
- Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
- Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
- Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
- Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events. How to add your Flicker photos to your courses.
- Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.
1. Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
2. Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
3. Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
4. Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events.
How to add your Flickr photos to your courses.
- Open an Announcement or new thread in Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
- Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
Use keywords or hashtags to find picture in Flickr.
Add picture to course.
- Picture inserted in Announcement or Discussion message ready to be posted.
- Posted Announcement or Discussion with inserted Flickr picture.
5. Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.
Alejandro Lepervanche reflects on his experience using the Spartan Robot.