Welcome to first day of #FSCJ Fall 2018 C7 term. New content added after our summer and fall trips. More #globallearning collaborators to #outdoorslearning initiatives. More #globallearning collaboratorsto #outdoorslearning initiatives. #internationalbusinessmanagement#leadership #groupdynamics#internationaleducation#informationsystems#personalleadershipsystem#outdoorsuniversity #man3600 #man4120#ism4011 #drlepervanche_cumberland.
Follow our GLOBE (Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement) initiatives. Global Learning News, Outdoors University, Global Learning Adventures, Free Campus, and Scouting Adventures. Expand learning beyond textbooks and classrooms. Be a global learner.
25th International Conference on College Teaching and Learning. Interactive Workshops.
An engaging open forum on social media networks that can be used to enhance student learning experience. Participants are invited to share their own favorite tools.
1. Overview of popular social media networks (personal, professional, news, videos, picture boards, blogging)
2. Domain registration, blogs setup, newsletters, news integrators, TED Ed, and information hubs.
3. Integrating social media networks inside Blackboard
4. Sharing best practices in computers and mobile devices.
Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE) project integrating United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals with TED Talks related to Leadership and Social Responsibility. Students select TED videos and produce an individual report about speaker contributions to one or more SDGs. Teams select a video to produce a TEDxFSCJ Learning Adventures’ presentation. Students select the best videos to create a TED Ed Lesson for online discussions. This GLOBE project idea can be used for future courses including new TED Talks and different SDGs.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/rPwE67r1EMg
This is our third years where our BAS in Supervision and Management students are using TED, TEDx, and TED Ed lessons to produce a TEDxFSCJ event.
Fall 2015. ISM4011. TEDxFSCJ Salon “Technology and Society”
Fall 2016. ISM4011. TEDxFSCJ Salon “Our Digital Leaders of Tomorrow”
Fall 2017. MAN4120. TEDxFSCJ Learning Adventures “Leadership, Social Responsibility, and SDGs”
Be Prepared to Change and Achieve. A Personal Leadership System®. Using Management Skills to dream, plan, change, and achieve in college and life by Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche
“Be Prepared to Change and Achieve ” will take you from planning mode to execution mode. The Personal Leadership System (PLS) will prepare you for planned and unexpected changes in life. If life is a continuous system, you have to be prepared for a journey of continuous waves of different sizes!
Our world is changing and you have to be prepared to change and achieve your dreams in college and life. The PLS provides a navigation chart to ride the waves!
Objectives. What you will learn:
● Analyze that your current vision, personal SWOT analysis and SMART goals are manageable and achievable. They should be aligned with personal beliefs, values, and priorities
● Apply project management skills such as work breakdown structure, resources, and scheduling to bring a vision and goals to an execution stage.
● Evaluate personal execution plan to incorporate planned and unexpected changes. Measure achievement. Handle them with knowledge and emergency planning.
● Communicate your plans and achievement with family and close friends. Ask and accept feedback.
Learn how to use your Flickr and Instagram photos in your courses. Use of photo albums, collections, hashtags, categories, and tags in Blackboard and Social Media.
- Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
- Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
- Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
- Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events. How to add your Flicker photos to your courses.
- Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.
1. Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
2. Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
3. Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
4. Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events.
How to add your Flickr photos to your courses.
- Open an Announcement or new thread in Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
- Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
Use keywords or hashtags to find picture in Flickr.
Add picture to course.
- Picture inserted in Announcement or Discussion message ready to be posted.
- Posted Announcement or Discussion with inserted Flickr picture.
5. Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.
Here is another example about the importance of accurate data. When I was the world’s youngest manager of a nuclear research reactor we had a old control room with paper displays that generated graphics based on data received from sensors located at the bottom of the reactor core. Every year we had to remove the fuel from the reactor pool, store them in a safe pool, remove water of reactor pool, and plan to go down properly protected to replace the sensors,. We practice in a simulation room to replaced them in less than two minutes. The day of the real change, we went according to radioactive protocol depending of amount of radioactive exposure we had before. I had to go to set the example. It was important to receive accurate data that was going to be registered in an old control room . Here are some pictures of those days. Please share a similar case in your industry or workplace.