I have created a new TED ED lesson about how technologies and new business educational models to be used in higher education courses. Our TEDxFSCJ Learning Adventures continue using this TED Talk in online discussions in Strategic Management, Information Systems, and Management courses.
What do you think about this online education model? Why would you consider or not a tuition-free graduate degree? Why employers would hire or not a MBA graduate from an online university? Search for reports and post your views.
At the online University of the People, anyone with a high school diploma can take classes toward a degree in business administration or computer science — without standard tuition fees (though exams cost money). Founder Shai Reshef hopes that higher education is changing “from being a privilege for the few to a basic right, affordable and accessible for all.”
Ted Ed Lesson link: https://ed.ted.com/on/SwIpo0uY
Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE) continues integrating a systemic view of business functions and the global environment. #MicroLecture of the points we cover in detail in our courses in Global Management and Global Information Systems. Via YouTube Capture from my iPhone.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/8FZc27hwHEM
Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE) project integrating United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals with TED Talks related to Leadership and Social Responsibility. Students select TED videos and produce an individual report about speaker contributions to one or more SDGs. Teams select a video to produce a TEDxFSCJ Learning Adventures’ presentation. Students select the best videos to create a TED Ed Lesson for online discussions. This GLOBE project idea can be used for future courses including new TED Talks and different SDGs.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/rPwE67r1EMg
This is our third years where our BAS in Supervision and Management students are using TED, TEDx, and TED Ed lessons to produce a TEDxFSCJ event.
Fall 2015. ISM4011. TEDxFSCJ Salon “Technology and Society”
Fall 2016. ISM4011. TEDxFSCJ Salon “Our Digital Leaders of Tomorrow”
Fall 2017. MAN4120. TEDxFSCJ Learning Adventures “Leadership, Social Responsibility, and SDGs”
Here is our Global Management FSCJ Library Guide developed by FSCJ Deerwood Library. Is is an integration of videos and extra resources used in our courses plus additional resources provided by the library. We piloted this library guide in the MAN3353 summer online course. We are now sharing it with new Management courses.
This is the link: http://guides.fscj.edu/global_management
The library also developed our Global Information Systems library guide http://guides.fscj.edu/GlobalIS
Be Prepared to Change and Achieve. A Personal Leadership System®. Using Management Skills to dream, plan, change, and achieve in college and life by Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche
“Be Prepared to Change and Achieve ” will take you from planning mode to execution mode. The Personal Leadership System (PLS) will prepare you for planned and unexpected changes in life. If life is a continuous system, you have to be prepared for a journey of continuous waves of different sizes!
Our world is changing and you have to be prepared to change and achieve your dreams in college and life. The PLS provides a navigation chart to ride the waves!
Objectives. What you will learn:
● Analyze that your current vision, personal SWOT analysis and SMART goals are manageable and achievable. They should be aligned with personal beliefs, values, and priorities
● Apply project management skills such as work breakdown structure, resources, and scheduling to bring a vision and goals to an execution stage.
● Evaluate personal execution plan to incorporate planned and unexpected changes. Measure achievement. Handle them with knowledge and emergency planning.
● Communicate your plans and achievement with family and close friends. Ask and accept feedback.
Introducing Global Goals for Sustainable Development #SDGs this Fall in our Management courses. We will focus on:
- #SDG7 Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- #SDG8 Goal 8: Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all.
- #SDG9 Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
See all Sustainable Development Goals in United Nations’ website.
Learn how to use your Flickr and Instagram photos in your courses. Use of photo albums, collections, hashtags, categories, and tags in Blackboard and Social Media.
- Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
- Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
- Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
- Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events. How to add your Flicker photos to your courses.
- Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.
1. Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
2. Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
3. Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
4. Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events.
How to add your Flickr photos to your courses.
- Open an Announcement or new thread in Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
- Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
Use keywords or hashtags to find picture in Flickr.
Add picture to course.
- Picture inserted in Announcement or Discussion message ready to be posted.
- Posted Announcement or Discussion with inserted Flickr picture.
5. Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.