Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE) project integrating United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals with TED Talks related to Leadership and Social Responsibility. Students select TED videos and produce an individual report about speaker contributions to one or more SDGs. Teams select a video to produce a TEDxFSCJ Learning Adventures’ presentation. Students select the best videos to create a TED Ed Lesson for online discussions. This GLOBE project idea can be used for future courses including new TED Talks and different SDGs.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/rPwE67r1EMg
This is our third years where our BAS in Supervision and Management students are using TED, TEDx, and TED Ed lessons to produce a TEDxFSCJ event.
Fall 2015. ISM4011. TEDxFSCJ Salon “Technology and Society”
Fall 2016. ISM4011. TEDxFSCJ Salon “Our Digital Leaders of Tomorrow”
Fall 2017. MAN4120. TEDxFSCJ Learning Adventures “Leadership, Social Responsibility, and SDGs”
Here is our Global Management FSCJ Library Guide developed by FSCJ Deerwood Library. Is is an integration of videos and extra resources used in our courses plus additional resources provided by the library. We piloted this library guide in the MAN3353 summer online course. We are now sharing it with new Management courses.
This is the link: http://guides.fscj.edu/global_management
The library also developed our Global Information Systems library guide http://guides.fscj.edu/GlobalIS
Be Prepared to Change and Achieve. A Personal Leadership System®. Using Management Skills to dream, plan, change, and achieve in college and life by Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche
“Be Prepared to Change and Achieve ” will take you from planning mode to execution mode. The Personal Leadership System (PLS) will prepare you for planned and unexpected changes in life. If life is a continuous system, you have to be prepared for a journey of continuous waves of different sizes!
Our world is changing and you have to be prepared to change and achieve your dreams in college and life. The PLS provides a navigation chart to ride the waves!
Objectives. What you will learn:
● Analyze that your current vision, personal SWOT analysis and SMART goals are manageable and achievable. They should be aligned with personal beliefs, values, and priorities
● Apply project management skills such as work breakdown structure, resources, and scheduling to bring a vision and goals to an execution stage.
● Evaluate personal execution plan to incorporate planned and unexpected changes. Measure achievement. Handle them with knowledge and emergency planning.
● Communicate your plans and achievement with family and close friends. Ask and accept feedback.
Introducing Global Goals for Sustainable Development #SDGs this Fall in our Management courses. We will focus on:
- #SDG7 Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- #SDG8 Goal 8: Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all.
- #SDG9 Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
See all Sustainable Development Goals in United Nations’ website.
Learn how to use your Flickr and Instagram photos in your courses. Use of photo albums, collections, hashtags, categories, and tags in Blackboard and Social Media.
- Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
- Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
- Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
- Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events. How to add your Flicker photos to your courses.
- Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.
1. Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
2. Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
3. Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
4. Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events.
How to add your Flickr photos to your courses.
- Open an Announcement or new thread in Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
- Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
Use keywords or hashtags to find picture in Flickr.
Add picture to course.
- Picture inserted in Announcement or Discussion message ready to be posted.
- Posted Announcement or Discussion with inserted Flickr picture.
5. Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.
New video and TED Ed Lesson about Global Learning Adventures in Management and lessons from World Scout Jamboree in Japan. Management Adventures cover concepts about planning, organizing, leading, and controlling using global experiences and learning cases and examples. Episode I covers planning and lessons from attending 23rd World Scout Jamboree in Japan, Management Adventures will continue with other videos related to organizing, leading, and controlling.
TED Ed Lesson
Global Learning Adventures in Management. Management Adventures cover concepts about planning, organizing, leading, and controlling using global experiences and learning cases and examples. Episode II covers organizing, leading, and controlling and lessons from attending 23rd World Scout Jamboree in Japan, Management Adventures will continue with other videos related to this topic.