How to be a global learner using the Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE) educational model. GLOBE is used in the following courses: Selected Topics in Management, International Business, Management of Information Systems, Strategic Management, and Global Management.
How to integrate Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE)© educational model in online, on-ground, and outdoors learning. Model is used for multigenerational and multinational students using Device Oriented Learning. Youth leaders are the instant knowledge generation who are very familiar with TECHKnowledge.
Model includes Learning Management Systems, Sustainable Development Goals, Blogs, TED Ed Lessons, and Social Media Learning. The objective is to find global learning opportunities to make bridges between knowledge, technology and people building engagement using out-of-the-classroom ideas and outdoors classrooms. The University is Outdoors.
[ESP] Octava conferencia anual de educación global (GEC). 13 al 16 de noviembre de 2017.
¡Este evento es GRATUITO para asistir, pero requiere que se registre! Por favor regístrese AQUI.
Integración de Blogs de Aprendizaje Global, Lecciones TED Ed y Objetivos Mundiales en Cursos de Gestión.
Presentación en vivo en línea durante la Conferencia Global de Educación. Horario GlobalEdCon. GlobalEdCon Schedule. Los enlaces a las salas virtuales en vivo estarán disponibles cuando comience la conferencia.
Miercoles 15 de Noviembre, 9:00 AM EST
Instrucciones en Español:
Ir a Sessions and Schedule (Horarios de Sesiones)
Cómo asistir a una sesión:
- Encuentra tu zona horaria. Haga clic en el enlace GMT a la izquierda de las ciudades enumeradas. El calendario mostrará todas las sesiones en su zona horaria local. Verifique que está en la página correcta al hacer coincidir el reloj actual en la parte superior de la página con su hora local.
- Ubique la (s) sesión (es) a las que le gustaría asistir. Ubique rápidamente una sesión usando Ctrl + F / Cmd + F para buscar en la página.
- Haga clic en el título de la sesión en el calendario para expandir el evento.
- Haga clic en el enlace de la sesión para unirse a la sala Blackboard Collaborate. Los enlaces de sesión se agregarán poco antes de la conferencia.
The Global Education Conference Network’s eight annual world-wide collaboration on globally-connected education will take place around the clock starting Monday, November 13, and continuing through Thursday, November 16.
Watch our online Live Presentation during Global Education Conference. GlobalEdCon Schedule. Links to the live virtual rooms will be available when the conference starts.
When Mon, November 13, 3pm – 4pm
- Posted by Jose G. Lepervanche on October 31, 2017 at 12:08am in GEC 2017 Accepted Proposals
- View Discussions
Name and Title: Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche. Professor of Supervision and Management
School or Organization Name: Florida State College at Jacksonville
Twitter Handle (@name): @drlepervanche
Co-Presenter Name(s): Flor Lepervanche
Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Language in Which You Will Present: English
Target Audience(s): EducatorsShort Session Description (one line):
Integration of Global Outdoors Learning Blogs, TED Ed Lessons & Global Goals in Management Courses
Session Strand (use the “tag”): “2017HigherEd” “2017SDGs” “2017Teachers”
Full Session Description (as long as you would like):
Global Outdoors Learning Blogs and TED Talks have been used with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be added to topics in Management courses. Blogs posts and TED Ed Lessons have been created and integrated to Learning Management Systems (LMS) using the Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE) model. GLOBE is an educational model created to facilitate global collaboration and creative learning methods inside and outside the classroom to enhance Management programs.
The objective is to:
1. Find Global Learning Opportunities that are useful to our courses or programs.
2. Building bridges by connecting speakers, presenters, adventurers, travelers, facilitators or influencers with Management courses (Global Management, Outdoors Leadership, Youth Leadership, City Management, Strategic Management, Technology Management).
3. Build Engagement by creating active and continuous collaboration using blogs posts and adding TED Ed lessons with TED talks related to specific Management topics and SDGs.
Presentation shows how learning blogs posts are organized in global categories by activities, topics, SDGs, and countries. It shows how to create TED Ed Lessons using relevant TED Talks and, it shows hot to integrate or embed these resources into LMS of Management Courses in order to enhance classrooms, online discussions, and outdoors learning experiences. GLOBE has been used in Business, Management, and Systems courses and can be used in any global learning area, program, or course. All current blogs posts, and TED Ed Lessons are free and available to use. New educators and collaborators are welcome to post in our global Outdoors University blog using the EasyPost form.
Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:
- Global Learning News (www.globallearningnews.com)
- Outdoors University (www.outdoorsuniversity.com)
- TED Ed Lessons (www.lepervanche.org/tedxfscj)
- Scouting Adventures (www.scoutingadventures.org)
- TED-Ed, TED and TEDx Talks to Enhance Classroom Learning Experience. Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche (https://www.slideshare.net/jlepervanche/teded-ted-and-tedx-taks-to-enhance-classroom-learning-experience-dr-jose-g-lepervanche)
20th International Conference on College Teaching and Learning
The Web is an additional medium used by major TV cable news networks to expand and complement the dissemination of international, national, local, or other news that help users improve their knowledge and make informed professional and personal decisions. News websites provides an excellent way to present news to users who are willing to accept this technology and perceive that it is useful and easy to use. News websites allow professors to bring current events to the classroom in real time.
Mayor TV cable networks, TV broadcast networks, local stations, newspapers, news agencies, radio and web-only news provides have been developing news websites.
News websites bring extensive detail and coverage of the news, allowing users to go beyond regular television programming.
Web design, navigation scheme, and news content organization may affect the capability of these news websites to reach major users due to lack of usefulness or difficulty in navigating the sites to find the desired news. Usefulness and ease of use are two of the major problems encountered by web developers when creating and maintaining informational websites.
The News Web Sites
The Bottom Line
- Content, content organization, and navigation scheme could have impact on users.
- Perceived usefulness is the factor that predicts user’s acceptance and intended usage.
Learning moments and activities outside the classroom. Resources for outdoors learners. The university is outdoors. This is our latest project based on many teachable moments found during our trips and outdoors activities. We ant to share what the communities are doing to teach their citizens about the environment, energy, information systems, and technologies. Jun 30, 2014
I have created a new TED ED lesson about how technologies and new business educational models to be used in higher education courses. Our TEDxFSCJ Learning Adventures continue using this TED Talk in online discussions in Strategic Management, Information Systems, and Management courses.
What do you think about this online education model? Why would you consider or not a tuition-free graduate degree? Why employers would hire or not a MBA graduate from an online university? Search for reports and post your views.
At the online University of the People, anyone with a high school diploma can take classes toward a degree in business administration or computer science — without standard tuition fees (though exams cost money). Founder Shai Reshef hopes that higher education is changing “from being a privilege for the few to a basic right, affordable and accessible for all.”
Ted Ed Lesson link: https://ed.ted.com/on/SwIpo0uY