Booking starts: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 5:30 PM(US/Central)
Booking ends: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 6:30 PM(US/Central)
For them starts:Tuesday, September 18, 2018 6:30 PM(US/Eastern)
Duration: 1 hour
Title of event/project:
Global Outdoors Learning Opportunities Building Engagement for Higher Education
Participants should go to this link to start the project. URL to project/event starting point:
Management of Information Systems students host a live and online discussion about uses of Internet Technologies in corporate training and education. How to integrate Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE)© educational model in online, on-ground, and outdoors learning. Model is used for multigenerational and multinational students using Device Oriented Learning. Next digital leaders are the instant knowledge generation who are very familiar with TECHKnowledge.
Model includes Learning Management Systems, Sustainable Development Goals, Blogs, TED Ed Lessons, and Social Media Learning. The objective is to find global learning opportunities to make bridges between knowledge, technology and people building engagement using out-of-the-classroom ideas and outdoors classrooms.
Project/event directions for participation:
Educators and students can add comments to share how you are incorporating outdoors activities and current events to expand content of corporate training and higher education courses?. Please share video links and links to resources.
Management of Information Systems students (ground and online sections) and professor at Florida State College at Jacksonville will monitor comments live in our class and Blackboard. We will have a live and online discussion about uses of Internet Technologies in corporate training and education. Replies will be posted live in Outdoors University blog to keep connections and to generate engagement.
This event can be categorized as a:
Synchronous Collaborative Short Term Project
This event is intended for the following audience(s):
college or university students
Primary language(s) to be spoken at this event:
Contact First Name:
Contact Last Name:
Contact Twitter Handle:
Host school or organization:
Florida State College at Jacksonville
Host School or Organization Website URL:
Host Location and Time Zone (UTC):
Jacksonville, Florida (EST GMT-4)
This event is organized by:
An educator or educators at a non-profit school
The Global Education Conference Network’s eight annual world-wide collaboration on globally-connected education will take place around the clock starting Monday, November 13, and continuing through Thursday, November 16.
Watch our online Live Presentation during Global Education Conference. GlobalEdCon Schedule. Links to the live virtual rooms will be available when the conference starts.
When Mon, November 13, 3pm – 4pm
- Posted by Jose G. Lepervanche on October 31, 2017 at 12:08am in GEC 2017 Accepted Proposals
- View Discussions
Name and Title: Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche. Professor of Supervision and Management
School or Organization Name: Florida State College at Jacksonville
Twitter Handle (@name): @drlepervanche
Co-Presenter Name(s): Flor Lepervanche
Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Language in Which You Will Present: English
Target Audience(s): EducatorsShort Session Description (one line):
Integration of Global Outdoors Learning Blogs, TED Ed Lessons & Global Goals in Management Courses
Session Strand (use the “tag”): “2017HigherEd” “2017SDGs” “2017Teachers”
Full Session Description (as long as you would like):
Global Outdoors Learning Blogs and TED Talks have been used with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be added to topics in Management courses. Blogs posts and TED Ed Lessons have been created and integrated to Learning Management Systems (LMS) using the Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE) model. GLOBE is an educational model created to facilitate global collaboration and creative learning methods inside and outside the classroom to enhance Management programs.
The objective is to:
1. Find Global Learning Opportunities that are useful to our courses or programs.
2. Building bridges by connecting speakers, presenters, adventurers, travelers, facilitators or influencers with Management courses (Global Management, Outdoors Leadership, Youth Leadership, City Management, Strategic Management, Technology Management).
3. Build Engagement by creating active and continuous collaboration using blogs posts and adding TED Ed lessons with TED talks related to specific Management topics and SDGs.
Presentation shows how learning blogs posts are organized in global categories by activities, topics, SDGs, and countries. It shows how to create TED Ed Lessons using relevant TED Talks and, it shows hot to integrate or embed these resources into LMS of Management Courses in order to enhance classrooms, online discussions, and outdoors learning experiences. GLOBE has been used in Business, Management, and Systems courses and can be used in any global learning area, program, or course. All current blogs posts, and TED Ed Lessons are free and available to use. New educators and collaborators are welcome to post in our global Outdoors University blog using the EasyPost form.
Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:
- Global Learning News (www.globallearningnews.com)
- Outdoors University (www.outdoorsuniversity.com)
- TED Ed Lessons (www.lepervanche.org/tedxfscj)
- Scouting Adventures (www.scoutingadventures.org)
- TED-Ed, TED and TEDx Talks to Enhance Classroom Learning Experience. Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche (https://www.slideshare.net/jlepervanche/teded-ted-and-tedx-taks-to-enhance-classroom-learning-experience-dr-jose-g-lepervanche)
Learning moments and activities outside the classroom. Resources for outdoors learners. The university is outdoors. This is our latest project based on many teachable moments found during our trips and outdoors activities. We ant to share what the communities are doing to teach their citizens about the environment, energy, information systems, and technologies. Jun 30, 2014
How to combine technology and the outdoors to improve knowledge. We are all connected to people and nature. The university is outdoors.
1. Connected Learning = Social media learning. #socialmedialearning
2. Device Oriented Learning = Mobile knowledge. #mlearning
3. Team Based Learning = Share individual strengths for collaborative solutions. #teamlearning.
4. Outdoors Classrooms = Connect learners with nature. #outdoorsuniversity
5. Leadership Learning = Lead yourself and others. #youthleaders