Web 2.0 and the Business Environment
Facebook, Twitter, Free Source, YouTube, Wikis, Blogs, Podcasts, and so much more – a new vocabulary has emerged with the integration of Web 2.0 and our business world. FSCJ Open Campus November 2010.
25th International Conference on College Teaching and Learning. Interactive Workshops.
An engaging open forum on social media networks that can be used to enhance student learning experience. Participants are invited to share their own favorite tools.
1. Overview of popular social media networks (personal, professional, news, videos, picture boards, blogging)
2. Domain registration, blogs setup, newsletters, news integrators, TED Ed, and information hubs.
3. Integrating social media networks inside Blackboard
4. Sharing best practices in computers and mobile devices.
Learn how to use your Flickr and Instagram photos in your courses. Use of photo albums, collections, hashtags, categories, and tags in Blackboard and Social Media.
- Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
- Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
- Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
- Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events. How to add your Flicker photos to your courses.
- Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.
1. Social Media Learning. Use of several social media networks in courses.
2. Hashtag Learning. How to add proper tags to your posts and photos.
3. Instagram Learning. How to add instant photos and hashtags that you can share in your courses.
4. Flickr Learning. How to use it to organize combined photo albums by themes, places or events.
How to add your Flickr photos to your courses.
- Open an Announcement or new thread in Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
- Discussion > Mashups > Flickr Photo
Use keywords or hashtags to find picture in Flickr.
Add picture to course.
- Picture inserted in Announcement or Discussion message ready to be posted.
- Posted Announcement or Discussion with inserted Flickr picture.
5. Social Media Slides®. Using social media tools to prepare your classes and presentations.
How to combine technology and the outdoors to improve knowledge. We are all connected to people and nature. The university is outdoors.
1. Connected Learning = Social media learning. #socialmedialearning
2. Device Oriented Learning = Mobile knowledge. #mlearning
3. Team Based Learning = Share individual strengths for collaborative solutions. #teamlearning.
4. Outdoors Classrooms = Connect learners with nature. #outdoorsuniversity
5. Leadership Learning = Lead yourself and others. #youthleaders
One day after Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced an attempt to “eradicate” Twitter, Turkish users have employed SMS, DNS, VPN and Tor to send over one million tweets in defiance of the ban.
The Prime Minister’s office issued a statement saying that Turkish officials had “no option” other than to ban Twitter, according to Reuters.